We may receive a portion of sales if you purchase a product through a link in this article at no cost to you, though all opinions are our own. For more information, please read our ethics statement. Please note that pricing and availability are subject to change.
Google Photos no longer offers unlimited storage from June 1st, 2021. Here is the official statement from Google, “Starting June 1, 2021, any new photos and videos you upload will count toward the free 15 GB of storage that comes with every Google Account or the additional storage you’ve purchased as a Google One member. Your Google Account storage is shared across Drive, Gmail, and Photos.”
That means any high-quality photos you uploaded to Google Photos before June 1, 2021, will not be counted toward your 15GB of free storage, but will still be considered free and exempt from the storage limit. “If you have a Pixel 1-5, photos uploaded from that device won’t be impacted. Photos and videos uploaded in High quality from that device will continue to be exempt from this change, even after June 1, 2021,” Google said.
But after June 1, 2021, Google did not allow users to use unlimited storage, I mean users are stuck at 15GB of Google Photos storage with Original quality photos. By saying though, if you are storage hungry or need more than 15GB of storage Google has a plan for that it’s called Google One subscription which was released in June 2020, Google One plans to start at $1.99 per month for 100GB of storage, $2.99 per month for 200GB of storage, and $9.99 per month for 2TB of storage.
If you need more cloud storage, maybe you should look at the below services that might offer much better storage:
MEGA (50GB free, Premium)
- MEGA offers 50 GB of free storage space, and its Pro Lite plan starts at $6.06 or €4.99 per month for 400GB storage, Pro I at $12.13 or €9.99 per month for 2TB storage, Pro II at $24.28 or €19.99 per month for 8TB storage, and Pro III at $36.43 or €29.99 per month for 16TB of storage while the MEGA Business plan starting at €10 per month.
- It uses keys to encrypt files and chats.
- Mega allows you to sync files and folders.
- Upload or download 3 GB of data every 6 hours
pCloud (10GB free, Premium)
- It offers 10GB of free storage as well as a premium storage option as per your need. Its premium plans start at $47.88 per month for 500GB storage and $95.88 per month for 2TB storage, while the one-time purchase is available at $175 for 500GB and $350 for 2TB.
- It helps you to keep your private files confidential with the highest level of encryption.
- Allows to backup your valuable memories to pCloud by just clicking a click of a button.
- It helps you to filter your files according to their file format.
- It stores versions on your files for a specific period, which helps you to search archive files.
Icedrive (10GB free, Premium)
- It allows you to store files up to 10 GB for free, and its Lite plan starts at $1.67 per month for 150GB, Pro at $4.17 per month for 2TB, and Pro+ at $15 per month for 5TB. They also offer lifetime plans at $59, $149, and $499 with the same storage plans as a one-time purchase.
- Only cloud storage solution to support Twofish Encryption. Everything is encrypted at the client-side with zero knowledge of your data
- No time-consuming Sync Needed as you can Mount IceDrive with a simple click.
- Icedrive provides a clean and easy-to-use interface to manage your files.
- Stream Media from cloud storage and easily share with friends.
Sync (5GB free, Premium)
- Sync allows you to send files of any size to anyone, even if they don’t have a registered.
- Performance becomes slower if you upload files larger than 40 GB.
- Synch can support Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- It gives unlimited data transfer for all the plans.
- It offers premium plans for individual and teams, where the Basic plan starting at $8 per month for 2TB storage, the Standard plan at $10 per month for 3TB storage, and the Plus plan at $15 per month for 4TB storage which are run under Individuals plans. And in Teams Standard plan starts at $5 per month/user for 1TB, Plus at $8 per month/user for 4TB per month, and Advanced at $15 per month/user for 10TB storage.
Box (10GB free storage, Premium)
- With Box, you can use Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to quickly search the file you want.
- Edit like a local file and Box will save it to the cloud.
- This 10GB free cloud storage allows you to invite the team to make changes and upload files.
- Enable admin to add external users to collaborate content and control the version.
- Blox cloud storage also comes in premium individual plans that start at $10 per month for 100GB storage while the Business plan starts at $5 per month for 100GB storage with a 2GB upload limit, $15 per month for Unlimited storage with 5GB upload limit, $25 per month for Unlimited with 15GB upload limit, and $35 for Unlimited storage with 15GB upload limit.
Koofr (Up to 10GB free storage, Premium)
- It offers automatic backup from phones.
- Synchronization data with computers.
- No file type and size limits, upload anything you want to keep safe.
- It provides automatic backup of photos and videos from the mobile phone.
- Koofr also offers up to 10GB of cloud storage for free while they are giving 2GB lifetime storage free forever, and its premium plans are listed below: