Updated and Effective as of January 14th, 2023.
Table of Contents
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your device when you visit our website. They are widely used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to website owners. Cookies can be either “session cookies” which expire when you close your browser, or “persistent cookies” which remain on your device until they expire or you delete them.
- To personalize your experience on our website
- To remember your preferences and settings
- To improve the performance and functionality of our website
- To analyze website traffic and usage
- To display targeted advertising
Types of cookies we use
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Essential cookies: These are essential for the proper functioning of our website, such as allowing you to log in or use certain features.
- Performance cookies: These collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you visit and if you experience any errors.
- Functional cookies: These remember your preferences and settings, such as your preferred language or location.
- Advertising cookies: These are used to display targeted advertising to you based on your browsing history and interests.
We may also use third-party cookies on our website, such as those from Google Analytics or other web analytics services. These cookies are used to collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you visit and if you experience any errors. We use this information to improve our website and services.
Managing your cookie preferences
Most web browsers allow you to manage your cookie preferences. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Please note that if you choose to reject all cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our website.
Other Tracking Technologies
In addition to cookies, we may also use other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and tags, to collect information about your use of our website. These technologies work in a similar way to cookies and can be used to track your browsing history, preferences, and settings.
We will retain your cookie data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, as outlined in this policy.
Changes to this Cookies Policy
We may update this policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new policy on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after any changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the new policy.
Disabling or blocking cookies
Cookies may be blocked or disabled through internet browser settings on each computer and browser used by a user. In addition, a user can use opt-out tools for ad networks and firms who participate in the Network Advertising Initiative at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/ or the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
To effectively manage cookies via browser settings or through these ad industry opt-out tools, opt-out and set cookie preferences on all browsers and all devices used. In addition, check and reset preferences after clearing the cache or cookies.
Disabling or blocking certain cookies may limit the functionality of this site.
The following provides information about viewing and changing browser settings to disable or block cookies:
Click on the spanner icon (top menu in browser) and select ‘Settings’
Click the ‘Under the Bonnet’ tab on the left, then select the ‘Content settings’ button
Under the cookies section, choose the option that best suits your needs.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click on ‘Tools’ (top menu in browser) and select ‘Internet options’
Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
Move the privacy slider to the level of privacy you require. Settings above Medium will disable cookies.
Click on ‘Tools’ (top menu in browser) and select ‘Options’
Select the Privacy icon
In the history section choose ‘Use custom settings for history’ from the dropdown menu
Cookies can be enabled or disabled by clicking on the appropriate check boxes.
Click on the Cog icon (top menu in browser) and select ‘Preferences’
Click on Privacy tab and choose the option that best suits your needs.
Click on the ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’
Select the ‘Advanced’ tab and choose Cookies from the list on the left
Choose the option that best suits your needs.
Safari on OSX
Click on ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’
Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
Adjust the level of cookie acceptance here.
List of cookies
The cookies used in connection with this site may include (but not be limited to) those listed below.
Strictly necessary cookies
- Session Based: To collect information on the use of the site for analysis and to improve its operation or identify and respond to problems.
- Google Analytics: Gather data on how users use and interact with the site. Used to analyze how well our sites are performing and optimize the customer experience.
Behaviorally targeted advertising cookies
- Facebook: Social Media marketing. Used to track and measure marketing campaigns deployed on the Facebook platform. Facebook tracks customer behavior through these tools.
- LinkedIn: Social Media marketing. Used to track and measure marketing campaigns deployed on the LinkedIn platform.
- Google Ads: Search media marketing. Used to track and measure marketing campaigns within Google search and related Google services.
If you have any questions about this policy or our cookie practices, please contact us at https://gadgetbond.com/contact/.