Editor’s note: Please be advised that Amazon has discontinued its Halo brand, including products such as the Halo View, Amazon Halo Band, and the newly released Halo Rise sleep-tracking stand, as well as the Halo membership. Therefore, we recommend that you refrain from purchasing any Amazon Halo products. Please refer to our article HERE for further information, including Amazon’s statement regarding the discontinuation of the Halo brand.
Amazon announced three new Halo products including a new Halo View health tracker with an AMOLED color display for at-a-glance access to Halo health metrics, Halo Fitness, a new service with hundreds of studio-quality workout classes, and Halo Nutrition, a new experience to help people live a healthy lifestyle.
Amazon Halo View
Halo View is designed to keep customers engaged and on track throughout the day by connecting them to Halo health measures. Halo View has a bright AMOLED color display with haptic input, making it easy to track activity, sleep, blood oxygen levels, live workouts, text and motion notifications, and more.
With an optical sensor to monitor heart rate and blood oxygen, a skin temperature sensor, and an accelerometer, the slim capsule includes many sensors to give highly accurate information to enable Halo health insights.
Halo View is a lightweight, comfortable, and swim-proof wearable with a battery life of up to seven days and a charging time of fewer than 90 minutes. It’s available in three attractive sport band colors: Active Black, Sage Green, and Lavender Dream, as well as additional accessory band selections.
Halo Fitness offers customers to choose from hundreds of exclusive, studio-quality workouts led by popular Halo coaches like Michael Hildebrand, Elena Cheung, and Elizabeth Andrews, as well as trusted industry experts like physical therapist Dr. Jen Fraboni, founder of the Mobility Method, and Francheska Martinez, a bodyweight and mobility specialist.
Halo users may choose from a variety of cardio, strength, yoga, outdoor, and mobility classes when the app first launches, with new content being added on a regular basis. Members can see real-time fitness information including heart rate and heart rate intensity zone as an on-display overlay when using Halo View or Halo Band, allowing them to train smarter and optimize their sessions.
Halo Fitness joins an already large collection of premium fitness content from companies like r•spin by Halle Berry, Orangetheory Fitness, and SWEAT, providing users with even more workout options to meet their particular goals.
The new Halo Nutrition experience is intended to assist users in developing long-term healthy eating habits. Halo Nutrition offers personalized, time-saving solutions for finding delicious, nutrient-dense recipes and planning a week’s worth of healthy eating.
Members can personalize their experience by adding allergies and preferences, creating a personalized meal plan, or choosing from one of seven pre-curated menus: classic, keto, Mediterranean, Nordic, paleo, vegan, and vegetarian.
Members may also access a library of over 500 recipes from partners such as WW, Lifesum, and Whole Foods Market, and effortlessly add items and goods for their meal plan to their current Alexa Shopping list, bringing all of their grocery needs together in one spot.
Amazon Halo Membership Benefits
Halo Fitness and Halo Nutrition are the latest additions to Amazon’s Halo membership, which is available to Halo View and Halo Band customers via the Halo app, and already includes:
- Discover: An ever-expanding catalog of workouts, sleep resources, nutrition programs, mindfulness exercises, and meditations created by Halo experts, as well as experts from 8fit, Aaptiv, American Heart Association, Exhale On Demand, Headspace, Julian Treasure, Mayo Clinic, Openfit, P.volve, Russell Wilson, Relax Melodies, and more. Over 150 programs are designed to drive useful discoveries, like if a lower temperature aids sleep, if yoga stretches contribute to a lower heart rate, or if a program of strength training reduces body fat percentage.
- Body: Medical research shows that body fat percentage is a better measure of overall health than weight or body mass index alone, but tools that measure this can be expensive or difficult to access. Using computer vision (CV) and machine learning (ML), Amazon Halo enables customers to measure their body fat percentage from the comfort and privacy of their own home. Body is as accurate as methods a doctor would use, nearly twice as accurate as at-home smart scales, and has been clinically validated by Pennington Biomedical Research Center and Massachusetts General Hospital. Learn more about the Body feature.
- Activity: Informed by American Heart Association physical activity guidelines and the latest medical research, Amazon Halo awards points weekly, based on the intensity and duration of movement, not just the number of steps taken.
- Movement Health: Improving physical movement helps prepare the body to handle the demands of everyday life. Using just a smartphone camera and the Halo app, Movement Health uses CV and ML to assess mobility, stability, and posture, then recommends a custom program of corrective exercises.
- Sleep: The health benefits of consistently good sleep are well documented. Amazon Halo uses motion, heart rate, and temperature to measure time asleep and time awake; time spent in the various phases of sleep, including deep, light, and REM; and skin temperature while sleeping.
- Tone: The globally accepted definition of health includes physical, social, and emotional well-being. Tone uses ML to analyze energy and positivity in a customer’s voice so they can better understand how they may sound to others, which can help improve their communication and relationships. Learn more about the Tone feature.
- Alexa for Halo: Customers can connect their Alexa to Halo, giving them the ability to simply ask for updates on their health and wellness information—including activity score, sleep quality, body composition—from an Alexa-enabled device. Just ask, “Alexa, how did I sleep last night?” or “Alexa, how many activity points do I have?”
Halo View, Halo Fitness, and Halo Nutrition Price & Availability
The new Halo View comes with a year of Halo membership for $79.99, which will cost $3.99 per month. The Halo View will be available for purchase in time for the holidays.
Halo Fitness will be available to users via the Halo app later this year and will come preloaded with a one-year Halo membership. Live tailored fitness metrics will be available next year.
Halo Nutrition will be available in January 2022, and it will include a one-year membership in Halo.