We may receive a portion of sales if you purchase a product through a link in this article at no cost to you, though all opinions are our own. For more information, please read our ethics statement. Please note that pricing and availability are subject to change.
Parallels are mindful of the fact that paying for college may be costing you a little cash as a student. You can save money on hardware and avoid the need for a separate PC. Therefore, if you already own a Mac computer, you don’t need to purchase a Windows-based PC or laptop because you can run Windows and other operating systems on a Mac computer without even needing to restart.
First, let’s talk about the student discount. Parallels offer a special discount for students in which they can save 50% on Parallels Desktop for Students, making it available for just $49.99/year as compared to $99.99 for a one-time purchase of standard edition Parallels Desktop for Mac or $119.99/year for its Pro Edition. This offer also applies to educators with valid academic status.
*All prices mentioned above exclude tax/VAT.
To get a student discount, all you need to do is verify your academic status through the Parallels website. Following this, you will receive an email from Parallels with the product key for your Parallels Desktop for Students purchases.
Parallels Desktop for mac runs almost every software that runs on Windows and other operating systems. You can try out the following well-known software on Parallels Desktop for Mac: Microsoft Office, CAD software for 2D and 3D designs, Microsoft Visual Studio, and the game platform Steam.
Here is how students and educators can claim their 50% education discount
- Make sure you have a valid student/educator status with your academics.
- Go to the Parallels website and verify your educational email to receive the student discount.
- Once you qualified as a student/educator, then you will receive a standard version of Parallels Desktop for Mac for a 50% off education discount.
- Also, read the system requirements and supported operating system on the Parallels website.
Recently, Parallels release the version 18 update for Parallels Desktop for Mac which now fully support and is optimized for the latest MacBooks that shipped with the latest Apple Silicon processors. Version 18 is also compatible with the latest macOS Ventura, which is scheduled to be released in September or October of 2022. You can read our post for the version 18 update of Parallels Desktop HERE.
Quick features of Parallels Desktop for Student and Educator Edition
- Run more than 200,000 Windows apps on your Mac, without rebooting
- Save money and avoid buying a second computer to run PC programs
- Convert your existing PC to a virtual machine
- Includes Parallels Toolbox: 40+ one-click productivity tools to help take screenshots, minimize distractions, download video and audio from the web, and more!
- Includes premium 24/7 support via phone and email for 30 days