FTC: GadgetBond.com is supported by readers like you. Our editorial team carefully selects all products recommended on our site. As an affiliate, we may receive compensation for purchases made through links on our site, at no additional cost to you. This helps us keep our website running. For more information, please read our ethics statement. Please note that pricing and availability are subject to change.
Today, Parallels International GmbH (simply “Parallels“) announced the release of Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac, which is now fully supported, optimized for Apple‘s latest hardware, including the new M2 chip, and ready for macOS 13 Ventura (as soon as it becomes available, which is expected to be in September/October).
In case you didn’t know, Parallels Desktop is a Mac application that allows you to run Windows operating system without having to restart your Mac as well as it has powerful features such as copy or paste or drag and drop support, and yes you can run games on it. If you want to give it a try, you may buy the brand-new Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac or get the trial version for the first 14 days.
The newest release of Parallels’ powerful technology is made to maximize the functionality of the newest Apple hardware while also supporting performance and gaming improvements, giving users more freedom and flexibility. Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac now provides the following to all end users, professionals, and enterprises:
- First-class performance — More than 200,000 Windows apps and classic games may be run on Macs using the most advanced Windows experience.
- Continuous and seamless integration — Users can take advantage of compatibility with Apple’s ProMotion display and the unleashed performance of the Apple M1 Ultra chip, which delivers up to 96% faster Windows 11 on a Mac Studio while remaining up to date with any upcoming macOS upgrades, thanks to this software’s optimization for the newest Apple hardware.
- Easier set up for Windows 11 — Users can now download, install, and configure Windows 11 with just one click, saving time on setup. They can also receive a set of free, fully functional Linux systems.
- Enhanced Windows game-play experience on a Mac — Now, users only need to plug in a game controller, switch to Windows, and start playing. Enjoy a faster frame rate, a smoother Windows UI, and many other benefits.
The Business edition includes all of the features of Standard and Pro in addition to licensing support for SSO/SAML. These features would significantly streamline the licensing procedure for IT managers looking to roll out Windows support throughout their fleet of Mac computers. Azure AD, Okta, Ping, and other SSO providers are among those offered.
A Windows 11 virtual machine can also be deployed, managed, or installed among staff devices by IT managers. Last but not least, it helps the team to centrally manage their involvement in the Parallels customer experience initiative through a single portal.
The updated features in Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac have been designed to help users work more efficiently while enjoying a powerful Windows operating system on a Mac that is simple to use and always keeps updated, even when new Apple hardware or a macOS, Windows, or Linux version is launched.
“We are proud of our engineering team that continues to be at the forefront of innovation to offer a remarkably more powerful and seamless Parallels Desktop for Mac experience to our users, that is integrated with the latest macOS Ventura, optimized for the latest Apple hardware, and offers valuable features to deliver even better productivity and performance,” said Prashant Ketkar, Chief Technology and Product Officer at Corel. “This is as simple and easy to use as it gets, and our users can rely on Parallels Desktop for Mac to focus on the job at hand.”
Parallels Desktop 18 Exclusive Features
Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac Standard Edition:
- Optimized for the upcoming macOS Ventura release to support new features, and functionality, and deliver exceptional performance.
- Full support for Apple’s ProMotion display with automatic refresh rate changes and unleashed Apple M1 Ultra performance allowing users to assign more resources and get up to 96% faster Windows 11.
- Seamless Windows gaming experience with automatic sharing of Xbox or DualShock Bluetooth game controllers with Windows and Linux.
- Improved compatibility of Intel (x86) applications when running Windows 11 on ARM, specifically when saving and reading files from the Mac disk.
- Improved USB 3.0 to support live data streaming devices, including Elgato HD60, Startech USB 3.0 Video Capture, and more.
Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac Pro Edition (All features from Standard Edition, Plus):
- A powerful network conditioner on Apple M1 Macs enables users to set up various network conditions for the virtual machine (bandwidth, packet loss, delay) similar to both Windows and Linux virtual machines.
- Isolate virtual machine network from Mac on Apple M1 Mac computers for better security and start a Minikube cluster with Parallels Desktop as a virtualization provider.
- Ability to use network boot with Linux ARM virtual machines now available on Mac computers with Apple M1 chips.
- Easily analyze an application performance in a separate VM using the enhanced Parallels plug-in for Visual Studio.
Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac Business Edition (All features from Pro Edition, Plus):
- Convenient SSO/SAML authentication for employees to sign in and activate Parallels Desktop with a corporate account.
- Allows admins to deploy, provision, or transfer a Windows 11 virtual machine across employees’ Mac computers.
- Manage Parallels customer experience program participation centrally in Parallels My Account.
Parallels Desktop 18 Compatibility
Parallels 18 on Intel supports all Microsoft operating systems, including Windows 2000 to Windows 11. It supports all Mac OS’s dating all the way back to Lion. It supports Red Hat, Suse Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, Debian GNU, Mint, and Kali for Linux.
It works with Windows 10, Windows 11, macOS Ventura and Monterey, Fedora, Debian GNU/Linux, RHEL, CentOS, and Kali on Apple Silicon. Thanks to Windows 11’s integrated emulator, 99.99% of Intel-based PC apps, including some of the heaviest CAD software, run flawlessly on macOS.
Parallels Desktop 18 Pricing & Availability
The Standard, Pro, and Business editions of Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac are all available for purchase at parallels.com/desktop and are all designed to provide the full experience on Mac computers powered by Intel and Apple M series CPUs. Parallels Desktop subscriptions include Parallels Access and Parallels Toolbox for Mac and Windows at no additional cost.
Get the free copy of Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac for the first 14 days or buy the full version of Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac Standard Edition, Pro Edition, or Business Edition at $99, $119.99 /year, $149.99/year respectively (excluding tax rates). Students may get a 50% discount on Parallels Desktop for Mac Student and Educator Edition (Valid student verification required).