At WWDC 2021, we will see the new software announcement for iOS, macOS, iPadOS, tvOS, watchOS at the Apple keynote from Apple Park on June 7, 2021, sharp at 10 AM PDT (10.30 PM IST).
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we expect this Apple WWDC 2021 event to be a pre-recorded presentation from multiple appearances from Apple executives and engineers.
You can watch the WWDC 2021 event via Apple’s website, YouTube channel, Apple Developer app, or Apple TV app. See the worldwide timeline of the WWDC 2021 event:
- Honolulu, Hawaii — 7:00 a.m. HAST
- Anchorage, Alaska — 9:00 a.m. AKDT
- Cupertino, California — 10:00 a.m. PDT
- Phoenix, Arizona — 10:00 a.m. MST
- Vancouver, Canada — 10:00 a.m. PDT
- Denver, Colorado — 11:00 a.m. MDT
- Dallas, Texas — 12:00 noon CDT
- New York, New York — 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Toronto, Canada — 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Halifax, Canada — 2:00 p.m. ADT
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil — 2:00 p.m. BRT
- London, United Kingdom — 6:00 p.m. BST
- Berlin, Germany — 7:00 p.m. CEST
- Paris, France — 7:00 p.m. CEST
- Cape Town, South Africa — 7:00 p.m. SAST
- Moscow, Russia — 8:00 p.m. MSK
- Helsinki, Finland — 8:00 p.m. EEST
- Istanbul, Turkey — 8:00 p.m. TRT
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates — 9:00 p.m. GST
- Delhi, India — 10:30 p.m. IST
- Jakarta, Indonesia — 12:00 a.m. WIB next day
- Shanghai, China — 1:00 a.m. CST next day
- Singapore — 1:00 a.m. SGT next day
- Perth, Australia — 1:00 a.m. AWST next day
- Hong Kong — 1:00 a.m. HKT next day
- Seoul, South Korea — 2:00 a.m. KST next day
- Tokyo, Japan — 2:00 a.m. JST next day
- Adelaide, Australia — 2:30 a.m. ACST next day
- Sydney, Australia — 3:00 a.m. AEST next day
- Auckland, New Zealand — 5:00 a.m. NZST next day
Starting with iOS the most popular product for iPhone, in iOS 15 rumors are talking about a new notification for iOS 15 which will be set an iPhone to deal with incoming notifications differently on what you are doing such as working, sleeping, or driving.
Also, a new report suggests that iOS 15 can be set to automatically respond to messages depending on which of those statuses you have set for yourself. (via Bloomberg)
The new report also suggests that Apple will work on the new look for the iPhone lock screen which could look like an Android-style always-on display thanks to OLED screens which Apple using from last year in their iPhone models.
Recently, Apple releases app tracking transparency in iOS 14.5 release, reportedly, Apple could build a feature for iOS 15 that shows users which apps are subtly collecting information about users.
Apple is reportedly looking at expanding iMessage. The goal would eventually be to make iMessage “more like a social network” similar to WhatsApp, but it’s unclear which new features will be presented this year.
A related, less believable report claims that Apple’s Health app will include food tracking. This function has been extended to third-party fitness programs such as MyFitnessPal and FoodNoms. Apple could also include a new Control Center and dual biometric identification functionality, according to other sources.
According to the rumors, Apple will introduce the iPad home screen as “the most important update” since 2010. Users will be able to install widgets wherever they like on the iPad Home Screen, similar to the capability that was introduced with iOS 14 last year.
With the debut of a new M1 iPad Pro this year, Apple could go all out with the iPadOS 15. Support for Final Cut Pro X, Xcode, and other pro software, as well as a new multitasking system, could be included. Some critics, like myself, have pointed out that previous iPad Pro models could run macOS, so it will be fascinating to see if any of the Mac operating system’s features are introduced to the iPad.
Last year, Apple released macOS 11 Big Sur, the most significant macOS design update since October 2014’s macOS X 10.10 Yosemite. It was also the first time Apple has deviated from macOS 10 since the release of macOS 9 in 2001.
So far, it’s unknown what Apple’s new macOS version will be called, but a reference uncovered in Apple’s WebKit documentation code back in March confirmed that the company would release macOS 12 this year.
According to Bloomberg, this year’s macOS update will be “minor” in comparison to last year’s redesign.
In watchOS 8, Apple will be expanding its impact through the Health app, so it would not be surprising if Apple expands on it yet again. There’s a possible, unconfirmed rumor that iOS 15 will allow support for multiple timers. Though sketchy, it would be cool to see expansion for the always-on display to display timers differently.
Apple released a new version of Apple TV 4K with a new Siri Remote in April 2021. With the arrival of tvOS 14.5, Apple added additional color balancing settings to the Apple TV, allowing users to get the best picture quality possible from their iPhones.
Apple may reveal support for 120Hz at WWDC, according to rumored code in iOS 14.5; however, this may also be reserved for WWDC. Because the HomePod Mini has been a big hit, Apple may add more functionality to it in tvOS 15, which is where the HomePod gets its updates.