Netflix has opened entries for a short film competition sponsored by Cinema Beauty – Vietnam Creative Economy Grant. The competition’s topic is “My Vietnam,” in which minority people present their own stories of Vietnam.
The short film competition entries start on December 12th, 2021 through the https://www.vedepdienanh.com/ website. The shortlisted projects will be carefully selected by a jury consisting of representatives from the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism, as well as experts and filmmakers in the country’s film industry, and will be awarded $10,000 each from the Netflix Cinema Beauty – Vietnam Creative Economy Grant to create a short film. The winning film will be announced in May 2022 on Yeah1’s YouTube channel.
- Filmmakers must not have previously made a feature-length film.
- Filmmakers must be a citizen of Vietnam.
- Filmmakers with limited filmmaking experience are welcome to participate.
- We strongly encourage filmmakers from outside of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to apply.
- 10 shortlisted projects will be awarded USD $10,000 each from the Netflix Cinema Beauty – Vietnam Creative Economy Grant to create a short film.
- 10 shortlisted projects will go head to head in a competition with the winning film being selected in May 2022.
- Shortlisted projects will receive guidance from some of Vietnam’s leading industry professionals.
- The winning project will be published on Yeah1’s YouTube channel.