Apple Inc. today announced the winners of the 2021 App Store Award for the finest applications and games from a number of different perspectives. The winners are a group of independent developers whose apps and games were chosen by Apple’s worldwide App Store editorial team for their high quality, innovative technology, creative design, and positive cultural influence.
“The developers who won App Store Awards in 2021 harnessed their own drive and vision to deliver the best apps and games of the year — sparking the creativity and passion of millions of users around the world,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “From self-taught indie coders to inspiring leaders building global businesses, these standout developers innovated with Apple technology, with many helping to foster the profound sense of togetherness we needed this year.”
2021 App Store Award Winners
- iPhone App of the Year: Toca Life World, from Toca Boca.
- iPad App of the Year: LumaFusion, from LumaTouch.
- Mac App of the Year: Craft, from Luki Labs Limited.
- Apple TV App of the Year: DAZN, from DAZN Group.
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Carrot Weather, from Grailr.
- iPhone Game of the Year: “League of Legends: Wild Rift,” from Riot Games.
- iPad Game of the Year: “MARVEL Future Revolution,” from Netmarble Corporation.
- Mac Game of the Year: “Myst,” from Cyan.
- Apple TV Game of the Year: “Space Marshals 3,” from Pixelbite.
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: “Fantasian,” from Mistwalker.
Trend of the Year
- “Among Us!” From Innersloth
- Bumble, from Bumble Inc.
- Canva, from Canva
- EatOkra, from Anthony Edwards Jr. and Janique Edwards
- Peanut, from Peanut App Limited
FTC: We receive compensation from the links on this page. Learn more