Today, we’re diving into a topic that’s both practical and beneficial for your well-being — enabling Night Shift on your trusty iPhone and iPad. In this guide, you will learn how this feature can transform your late-night screen time into a more relaxing and eye-friendly experience.
Why Do You Need Night Shift?
Before we jump into the how-to, let’s talk about why Night Shift is a game-changer. You know that blue light your device emits? Well, it can seriously mess with your sleep by fooling your brain into thinking it’s still daytime. Plus, staring at a bright screen in a dimly lit room is like staring into a flashlight — not great for your eyes.
That’s where Night Shift swoops in like a digital superhero. It automatically adjusts your screen colors to warmer tones as the evening rolls in, creating a cozy, eye-friendly atmosphere. In the morning, it gracefully returns your screen to its usual vibrant self.
How to Enable Night Shift on iPhone and iPad
- First things first, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down until you spot “Display & Brightness.”
- Inside “Display & Brightness,” you’ll see the “Night Shift” option.
- Here’s where it gets interesting. You have two options – “Scheduled” or “Manually Enable Until Tomorrow.” For the full Night Shift experience, choose “Scheduled.”
- Now, you can either go with the flow and let Night Shift sync with sunset and sunrise or get creative with a custom schedule that suits your lifestyle.
- Want warmer or cooler hues? Slide the Color Temperature bar to the left for cooler tones or to the right for a cozier vibe.
- Once you’ve perfected your Night Shift symphony, swipe up, and you’re back on your device’s home screen, ready to enjoy your digitally-enhanced evenings.