Snapchat introduces a new mini drone-type flying camera called “Pixy” at Snap‘s Annual Snap Partner Summit 2022, which can easily fit in your pocket and costs approximately $229.99 and is available to purchase in the United States and France. Hit this link to shop or learn more about Pixy.
This Pixy has four preset flight paths. It can float, orbit, and follow wherever you lead, without a controller or any setup. And, Pixy finds its home in your hand, landing gently at the end of the flight. For more details guide head over here to learn more about Pixy’s flight paths.
The Pixy is a Snapchat-only device that can wirelessly transfer and save videos from flights into Snapchat Memories. After that, edit what you capture with Snapchat’s editing tools, Lenses, and Sounds. With a few taps, you can automatically crop into portrait and apply quick Smart Edits, like Hyperspeed, Bounce, Orbit 3D and Jump Cut. Then, share to Chat, Stories, Spotlight, or any other platform.
There’s more news from the Snap team announced at its Annual Snap Partner Summit 2022, check the below list:
- Developers can now build dynamic lenses that look true to life through the Snap AR Platform.
- New AR Creation Suite for businesses when consumers can shop using AR, both on and off Snapchat.
- Snap announced a multi-year partnership with Live Nation that will elevate performances beyond stages and screens – creating a deeper connection between artists and fans – through custom-built, immersive AR with help from Snap Inc.’s creative studio Arcadia.
- For developers: Snap introduces a new Minis Private Components System, where partners can build lightweight Minis for Snapchat using HTML5–and have the opportunity to code in social elements such as reviews, ratings, and more, using a special templating system. Then, developers pass their work through our system which uses a code compiler to establish a secure sandbox environment around each designated social element within the Mini experience. When a Snapchatter goes to launch the Mini, Snap’s database populates the social elements, just as the interface is rendered for the Snapchatter on screen.
- And lastly, the “Director Mode” makes it even easier to create videos that stand out. Director Mode is a new set of camera and editing tools within Snapchat that make it easy to create polished content or enhance everyday moments captured with our camera that grab the viewer’s attention.