Ahead of CES 2022 in Las Vegas, Samsung today unveiled its latest MICRO LED, Neo QLED, and Lifestyle TVs. All lineups have been overhauled with better picture and sound quality, as well as more screen size options, customizable accessories, and an improved UI. Samsung’s screen lineups for 2022 are named “Screens Everywhere, Screens for All.”
The first is MICRO LED, which provides exceptional picture quality, a total of 20 million micrometer-sized LEDs provide light and color, resulting in a truly immersive experience with astonishing depth, brilliant color, and increased clarity and contrast. The new MICRO LEDs from Samsung come in three sizes: 110″, 101″, and 89″.
Samsung’s 2022 MICRO LEDs have a 20-bit greyscale depth, so you can see every detail in the scene. They also have over 1 million steps of brightness and color levels, giving you a genuine HDR experience.
The MICRO LEDs also have a 100% DCI and Adobe RGB color range, resulting in amazing lifelike colors. Here are some of the features of the Samsung 2022 MICRO LED:
- Art Mode allows consumers to turn any room into an art gallery as they can select and display their favorite artwork or digital photography. The 2022 MICRO LED also comes with two exclusive media pieces from noted artist and designer Refik Anadol.
- Multi-View lets users view content from four different sources simultaneously – from any or all of the four HDMI ports – in pristine 4K resolution at up to 120fps.
- Dolby Atmos delivers a premier immersive audio experience with top, side and bottom channel speakers for breathtaking, multi-dimensional sound.
At CES 2022, Samsung also announced the Neo QLED with Neo Quantum Processor. Samsung’s 2022 Neo QLEDs with Neo Quantum Processor have improved contrast mapping with BLU (backlight unit), which boosts brightness from 12 to 14 bits for better control of the light source – Quantum Mini LEDs. This increases the TV’s illumination control to 16,384 steps, quadrupling the previous 4,096 steps.
The Neo Quantum Processor is used to evaluate lines, shapes, and surfaces in order to adjust the shape of light from the Quantum Mini LEDs, improving the brightness and accuracy of all shapes on the screen. As a result, the image quality is exceptional, allowing full HDR content to be displayed.
Real Depth Enhancer, a multi-intelligence picture quality technology, is also included in Samsung’s 2022 Neo QLED. By determining and processing an object on the screen against its background to produce a sense of depth, this technological development creates a stronger level of depth.
Samsung’s 2022 Neo QLED also has EyeComfort mode, which adjusts the screen’s brightness and tone automatically depending on a built-in light sensor and sunset/sunrise information. The screen will progressively reduce the quantity of light and deliver warmer tones when the ambient light changes, adjusting the blue light levels accordingly. By lowering blue light, which can influence sleep quality, enables a more comfortable viewing experience at night.
Neo QLED’s sound features are getting a major upgrade as well. Building on OTS (Object Tracking Sound), which directs the sound to move across the room along with the object on-screen, the 2022 products will feature OTS Pro, which incorporates powerful up-firing speakers to create overhead surround sound.
The addition of Samsung’s new top channel speakers gives the 2022 Neo QLED a genuinely outstanding Dolby Atmos experience. Neo QLED’s multi-channel speakers are strategically placed across the TV to create a dynamic sound experience that follows the action from every angle.
Finally, Samsung’s 2022 Lifestyle TVs include a new Matte Display with anti-glare, anti-reflection, and anti-fingerprint qualities, which has been applied to The Frame, The Sero, and The Serif, resulting in one of the most pleasant and comfortable watching experiences. As a result, UL (Underwriter Laboratories) certified the new Matte Display on Samsung’s 2022 Lifestyle screens as ‘Reflection Glare Free,’ ‘Discomfort Glare Free,’ and ‘Disability Glare Free.’
- The Frame now offers the most realistic art-viewing experience outside of a museum thanks to the anti-glare, low-reflection panel technology featuring an embossed, Matte Display. It also avoids fingerprints and smudges, allowing users to enjoy their favorite artwork in perfect condition. The Frame comes in sizes ranging from 32” to 85”.
- The Serif also comes with a matte finish body to blend seamlessly with the Matte Display, elevating the iconic design to give the most premium look and feel. With the addition of a 65” size option, The Serif is now offered in sizes ranging from 43” to 65”.
- The Sero offers an optimized watching experience with its new Matte Display in both vertical and horizontal modes. The new vertical Multi View function takes multitasking to the next level, allowing users to simultaneously view different content on the top and bottom of the screen, or search information online while watching something.
Samsung’s 2022 Smart TVs include a new Smart Hub that puts content curation and discovery at the forefront of their viewing preferences. The new Smart Hub will direct consumers to their favorite content or assist them in discovering something new, all while saving time. The Smart Hub’s sidebar also enables for a smooth transition between categories – Media, Game (Gaming Hub), and Ambient – allowing users to concentrate on different in-home activities.
- Gaming Hub: The Samsung Gaming Hub will empower players to discover and jump into the games they love faster through game streaming services. Players will have access to an extensive library of games through Samsung’s partnerships with industry leaders – NVIDIA GeForce Now, Stadia and Utomik – and that’s just the beginning.
- Watch Together: The new app allows users to video chat with friends and family while watching their favorite shows and movies, guaranteed to bring everyone closer together.
- NFT Platform: This application features an intuitive, integrated platform for discovering, purchasing, and trading digital artwork through MICRO LED Neo QLED, and The Frame.
- Smart Calibration: This feature allows users to fine-tune the settings for optimal picture quality. The basic mode features a quick and easy way of calibrating the screens within 30 seconds, while the Professional mode optimizes the screens for pristine picture quality in about 10 minutes.
In addition, the 2022 models come with more accessories to customize the user experience. The Sero’s vertical viewing experience is carried over to the Auto-Rotating Wall Mount and Stand, letting customers can enjoy mobile viewing by automatically rotating their screens.
The Smart Hub, as well as the other 2022 devices, will include a vertical UI and a vertical Multi-View capability. It will include apps like YouTube and TikTok, as well as vertical mirroring and casting. Finally, in vertical mode, lifestyle options like Ambient Mode+ and Art Mode are available. Users can rotate the screen with a single click of the remote control’s new rotation key.
There are also unlimited possibilities for personalization with Samsung’s 2022 screens, thanks to additional bezel options for The Frame and full-motion slim-fit wall mounts for all TVs.
In addition, the soundbar collection for 2022 receives technological enhancements to give a more immersive, three-dimensional audio experience. With the addition of synchrony, Samsung’s Q Symphony surround-sound experience, which allows Samsung’s Neo QLEDs and soundbars to work together, has been improved. This allows the soundbar and TV speakers to collaborate with all of the TV speakers, including the top channel speakers, to create a rich, broad soundscape.
Samsung’s 2022 soundbars also come with Wireless Dolby Atmos connectivity, a wireless Smart TV-to-soundbar connection in which both the screen and soundbar speakers deliver an incredible audio experience with no distracting cables.
In addition, the new HW-S800B Ultra Slim Soundbar establishes a new standard in the slim soundbar category by combining passive radiator technology with its subwoofer to offer tremendous bass in a small package. With real top-firing speaker channels and a depth of only 1.6″, the new ultra-slim soundbar delivers robust sound.
“The role of the screen has changed dramatically in recent years with advancements in technology and how entertainment is distributed. With our new lineup of products, we are providing customers an entirely immersive video and audio experience that is customizable to their needs,” said Simon Sung, Executive Vice President and Head of the Sales & Marketing Team of the Visual Display Business at Samsung. “Whether you are a movie buff, TV lover, gamer or even an art enthusiast, Samsung has leading-edge offerings that can enhance any room.”