The Professional Mode on Facebook Profiles gives you access to a bundle of professional tools, insights, and monetization products that can help you build your professional presence from your personal profile. Previously, these tools and features were available only on Pages.
Professional Mode was revealed at Meta‘s Creator Week 2022 in Los Angeles. It’s a new profile setting that enables creators all over the world to create a public presence while still maintaining their personal Facebook experience. Professional mode provides creators, as well as those who want to become creators, with a set of tools and opportunities to start building a global community from their personal profiles. Professional mode allows creators to earn money through Stars, ads on Facebook Reels, in-stream ads, and Reels Play. They will also have access to content and audience analytics, as well as educational resources.
Note: Professional Mode currently isn’t available to users under the age of 18 in the EU and UK.
How to turn on professional mode on Facebook Profiles
Here’s how you can turn on professional mode:
- Go to your Facebook profile.
- Below your profile header, click or tap the menu button (…) on the right side.
- Click or tap Turn on professional mode.
- To confirm, click or tap Turn on and complete the flow.
How to turn off professional mode on Facebook Profiles
If you don’t want to use professional mode on your profile, you can turn it off. If you turn off professional mode:
- Your current friends, followers and profile content won’t change.
- Your Who can follow me preference remains Public, but you can change it in Settings.
- Your privacy settings won’t change.
- You can turn on professional mode anytime.
After you turn off professional mode, you can expect the following changes:
- Your existing content or audience insights won’t be available anymore.
- You’ll lose access to enhanced safety features such as Moderation Assist.
- You’ll no longer be eligible for discovery opportunities on Facebook.
- If you’re eligible for monetization, you’ll receive pending payouts or bonuses, but future bonuses/payouts will be paused.
Here’s how to turn off professional mode on Facebook Profiles:
- Go to your profile on Facebook.
- Below your profile header, click or tap the menu button (…).
- Click or tap Turn off professional mode and complete the steps.