Recently on March 30, 2021, Spotify acquires the Locker Room app (by Betty Labs) to build a new Live Audio experience to unlock the future formats of audio potential.
And now Spotify renames the Locker Room app with a new name called “Spotify Greenroom”, and will be available on iOS (download from here) and Android (download from here) in over 135 markets around the world.
Since bringing the Locker Room app into the fold, we’ve been working to expand its capabilities, with the goal of creating a live audio experience that will delight creators and listeners everywhere. And we wanted to do it with a Spotify twist that operated as an extension of the app already loved by 356 million listeners.
Today, we’re making Spotify Greenroom available for the first time in its new form, available on iOS and Android in over 135 markets around the world. We’re building Greenroom with the creators and artists in mind who make Spotify great, optimizing for interactivity and deep connections between participants in live rooms. The app, rolling out today, includes:
- New app branding (aka Greenroom) and a new overall look and feel
- The ability for any user to host or participate in live rooms
- A way to join Greenroom using your Spotify log-in info
- A new onboarding experience that puts users’ interests front and center
- Recording capabilities so you can complement your on-demand content with live conversations
- Chat controls to ensure the best possible experience
Also, you can:
- Join a group
- Search for upcoming rooms
- Join a room
- Create a room