The new eye-catching design reflects shifting ideas on technology, its environmental impact, and the origins of raw materials. Not only does the design focus on creating unique premium color accents like bronze and arctic grey, but it also incorporates more environmentally friendly materials like recycled aluminum and recycled black vegan leather.
The packaging is constructed entirely of 100 percent recyclable and biodegradable bamboo and sugarcane, and the AC power adapter has 90 percent post-consumer content (PCC).
Lenovo’s new ThinkPad Z13 and Z16 laptops are equipped with AMD‘s latest Ryzen Pro 6000 Series mobile Mobile processors, as well as Microsoft’s Pluton security chip, which was also revealed at CES 2022.
The AMD Ryzen 6000 Series are the first x86 processors that integrate the Microsoft Pluton security processor for robust security from chip to cloud on Windows 11 PCs, building on AMD PRO security’s tiered approach. The Microsoft Pluton Security Processor is a Microsoft-designed and upgraded security processor that protects user identity, data, and programs on new Windows 11 PCs.
Also, Lenovo and AMD have teamed up to create a cutting-edge platform architecture that streamlines all areas of the system, from silicon to hardware and software. The ThinkPad Z13 offers a superior collaboration experience thanks to the special AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 6860Z processor.
In apps like Teams and Zoom, the processor is built to enable seamless audio and video performance, maximize responsiveness and give amazing battery life.
The new AMD Radeon RX 6500M discrete graphics with AMD smart technologies can also be added to the ThinkPad Z16, enhancing productivity, enabling advanced content production, and casual gaming. AMD Smart Shift Max provides an instantaneous power boost for both the CPU and GPU when used with Ryzen CPUs, while Smart Shift Eco is designed to maximize battery life.
Ultra-narrow bezels and productive 16:10 aspect ratios have been tuned for ThinkPad Z series laptop displays. A redesigned Communications Bar incorporates a superior FHD webcam with a larger 1.4m sensor and dual-array microphones, enhancing audio and video conferencing.
For simple and easy input, a larger 120mm glass haptic ForcePad that integrates smoothly with the all-glass palm rest is added, and those familiar with the classic red TrackPoint will notice a new feature: Double-tapping the TrackPoint brings up the Communication QuickMenu, which gives you rapid access to camera and microphone settings.
The new Lenovo ThinkPad Z13 and Z16 packaging used recycled black vegan leather and aluminum, as well as recycled bamboo and sugarcane packaging, according to the company during the CES 2022 event. Some of the highlights include:
- Communications Bar integrating an FHD camera with a larger sensor, electronic e-Shutter for privacy and dual-array microphones
- Highest screen-to-body (STB) ratio in ThinkPad portfolio – 91.6% (Z13) and 92.3% (Z16)
- Larger 120mm haptic ForcePad
- Vivid display options include touch-enabled 2.8K OLED on Z13 and 4K OLED on Z16, both with Dolby Vision support and low blue light
- Dolby Atmos Speaker System and Dolby Voice AI noise cancellation technology
- New double-tap function on TrackPoint launches Communication QuickMenu for rapid access to camera and microphone settings
- Z13 is powered by AMD Ryzen PRO U-Series processors with integrated AMD Radeon graphics plus Microsoft Pluton security processor. Z13 is also available with an exclusive AMD Ryzen PRO 6860Z processor
- Z16 is powered by AMD Ryzen PRO H-Series processors with integrated AMD Radeon graphics or optional AMD Radeon RX 6500M discrete graphics, and include the Microsoft Pluton security processor
- AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series processors with Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 offers advanced manageability and industry-leading Wi-Fi connectivity on Z13 and Z16. Additionally, Qualcomm 4-stream Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) on AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series processors enables sustained low latency potential of Wi-Fi Dual Station, natively supported on Windows 11
- Preloaded with Windows 11
- The match-on-chip fingerprint reader integrated into the keyboard for security convenience
The new Lenovo ThinkPad Z13 and ThinkPad Z16 will be available from May 2022, starting from $1,549 and 2,099 respectively.