Mozilla Firefox just got a clean new design with a modern new look. Firefox now uses a small amount of memory to load web pages faster than ever. With this new update, Firefox also added Total Cookie Protection in Private Browsing mode for privacy protection. Here are some key features from the latest Firefox update:
- Simplified unencumbered navigation: The first step to going anywhere online is the toolbar, just type in the URL and press return/enter, and you’re off. In some ways, this area serves as your car’s dashboard that you look at every time you get behind the wheel. Firefox kept it simple and focused on these three key areas of the toolbar: 1) Navigation – back, forward and refresh 2) Address Bar – privacy shield (so you know your ambient information is always protected), security lock, and where to type in your URL. 3) Frequently Used Settings – reader mode, zoom level, and bookmark.
- Streamlined clutter-free menus: There are many ways to get to your preferences and settings, 1) the hamburger menu – button on the far right with three equal horizontal lines – and 2) the right-click menu. So, this can prioritize the content based on what people clicked on when they visited the menu. Now the labels less cryptic and clear and easier to understand, and some icons were removed so that it was easier for people to see at a glance where they wanted to go.
- Productivity-inspired new tab design: Tabs. They signal where you are. Everything from conveying information about what video is playing to where your next Zoom meeting is. It’s no surprise that more than 50% of people have 4 tabs or more open. Firefox redesigned these tabs so that they floated neatly, and added the visual indicators, like blocking autoplay videos until you’re ready to visit that tab.
- Silent Notifications: Your web experience shouldn’t be bogged down by a bunch of notifications, and if you have to be given a heads-up on something, it should look good and not be a distraction. You’ll see consolidated panels so you can respond more quickly and get back to why you were online in the first place faster. So, Firefox has specifically reduced some of the frustration and re-promoting associated with getting in and out of Google Meet meetings. Thanks to this pared-down interface, you can get to all your web calls and meetings with fewer clicks.
- Fresh, new Firefox for iOS: The improved iPhone and iPad experience includes a modernized, optimized, and differentiated Firefox user interface. Firefox reduced the steps to search in a new tab by automatically popping up the keyboard, emphasizing the ability to do quick searches with the search engine logo, and adding the append feature. You’ll see improved navigation around the app with new tab views and moved the synced tabs into the tab tray for better discoverability on any device.