Facebook launches a new tool called “Bulletin,” a publishing and subscription tool to support creators in the US for independent writers who write, creating audio content from podcasts, this tool is only available for Facebook’s selected group.
Facebook also offers third-party perks for creators, including legal resources, design support, and assistance with financial services. The bulletin will include support focused on content creation, monetization, and audience growth. Key features and integrations include:
Robust Publishing Tools
- Each Bulletin creator will have a standalone website under their own brand and will be able to customize their publication’s name, logo, and color palette.
- Creators can customize their articles with multi-media embeds & other styling options.
Sustainable Business Models
- Bulletin writers will keep all of their subscription revenue for the length of these partnerships and will have the ability to take their subscriber lists and content with them. Subscription payments will be securely handled by Facebook Pay, allowing subscribers to pay with a credit card, debit card, or PayPal account.
- Writers are able to offer a range of subscription-based features, including content, commenting abilities, and Facebook groups accessible only by subscribers.
- We will also have analytics tools to help writers understand their audience and grow their subscribers over time.
- And to start, we’re offering a multi-year licensing deal to give these writers time to build a relationship with their readers.
Discovery and Distribution
- Bulletin content will be eligible for distribution in Facebook News and other discovery surfaces to help audiences easily find it and subscribe.
- We’ll include tools to distribute podcasts in addition to long-form writing, including externally-hosted podcasts and additional audio features coming soon.
- The bulletin will integrate with Facebook Pages to enable publishing across various multimedia formats.
- They can create Facebook groups, free or subscriber-only, to nurture a community of readers. Within their groups, they’ll also have the ability to create subscriber-only content or host subscriber-only conversations.
- Writers will have the ability to leverage Facebook’s existing tools like Facebook Live or Live Audio Rooms to continue the discussion with their communities.
- To help writers keep discussions respectful, we’ll also offer comment moderation tools, like the ability for writers to control who can comment (such as paid subscribers only), and turn off comments.
FTC: Readers like you help support GadgetBond.com. When you purchase through links on our site, we may receive compensation at no extra cost to you, this will help us to keep our website running. Read our ethics HERE. Note: The pricing and availability are accurate as of the time of publication but are subject to change in the future.