We may receive a portion of sales if you purchase a product through a link in this article at no cost to you, though all opinions are our own. For more information, please read our ethics statement. Please note that pricing and availability are subject to change.
Bluetooth trackers have become increasingly popular over the years, as they provide an efficient way to keep track of your belongings. Whether you’re someone who’s always misplacing their keys, or you want to ensure your luggage doesn’t get lost during travel, Bluetooth trackers can help.
If you’re in the market for a Bluetooth tracker, there are several things you should consider before making a purchase. In this article, we’ll go over what to look for in a Bluetooth tracker, device compatibility, finding networks, separation alerts, connectivity, volume, and design, and how to protect yourself from stalking and theft.
What to look for in a Bluetooth tracker
When choosing a Bluetooth tracker, there are a few key features to consider. The range of the tracker is an important factor, as this will determine how far away you can be from your item and still be able to locate it. Battery life is another important consideration, as you don’t want to be constantly replacing the batteries. Other features to look for include water resistance, replaceable batteries, and loud alarms.
Also, here are some key things to look for:
- Battery Life: Consider how long the battery lasts and whether it’s replaceable.
- Range: Check the range of the Bluetooth tracker and make sure it suits your needs.
- Size: Consider the size of the tracker and whether it’s suitable for the item you want to track.
- App: Check the compatibility of the app with your phone or device.
- Price: Bluetooth trackers come in different price ranges, so consider your budget and what features are most important to you.
When choosing a Bluetooth tracker, it’s important to ensure that it is compatible with your device. Most Bluetooth trackers will work with both iOS and Android devices, but it’s always best to double-check before making a purchase.
Bluetooth trackers work by connecting to nearby devices to establish a network. The more people using Bluetooth trackers in your area, the stronger the network will be. Before purchasing a Bluetooth tracker, research the popularity of the device in your area to ensure you have a strong network to work with.
One of the most useful features of a Bluetooth tracker is separation alerts. This feature notifies you when you move away from your tracked item, helping you to avoid losing it. Some Bluetooth trackers also offer customization for separation alerts, allowing you to set specific distance parameters.
When purchasing a Bluetooth tracker, consider the connectivity options. Some Bluetooth trackers offer only Bluetooth connectivity, while others offer Wi-Fi and GPS as well. Wi-Fi and GPS connectivity can help you locate your item even when it’s out of Bluetooth range.
Volume and Design
Consider the volume and design of the Bluetooth tracker. Some trackers offer louder alert tones, making it easier to locate your item in noisy environments. Additionally, some trackers have a sleeker design, making them easier to attach to your belongings without adding bulk.
Stalking and Stealing
While Bluetooth trackers are a great way to keep track of your belongings, they can also be used for stalking and stealing. To protect yourself, avoid sharing your Bluetooth tracker information with strangers and regularly check the connections on your tracker. Additionally, some Bluetooth trackers offer privacy settings, allowing you to limit who can access your location data.
Some of the best Bluetooth trackers you can buy
Here are some of the best Bluetooth trackers you can buy:
- Apple AirTag — $29 from Apple / Amazon / Best Buy / Walmart / Adorama
- Tile Mate — $24.99 from Tile / Amazon / Best Buy / Walmart
- Tile Pro — $34.99 from Tile / Amazon / Best Buy / Walmart
- Tile Slim — $34.99 from Tile / Amazon / Best Buy / Walmart
- Tile Sticker — $29.99 from Tile / Amazon / Best Buy / Walmart
- Cube GPS Tracker — $29.95 from Cube Tracker / Amazon / Best Buy / Walmart
- Cube Pro — $29.95 from Cube Tracker / Amazon / Walmart
- Cube Shadow — $39.95 from Cube Tracker / Amazon / Walmart
- Cube Tracker — $24.95 from Cube Tracker / Amazon / Walmart
- Samsung Galaxy SmartTag — $29.99 from Samsung / Amazon / Best Buy / Walmart
- Samsung Galaxy SmartTag+ — $39.99 from Samsung / Amazon / Best Buy / Walmart
- Chipolo ONE — $24.99/€25 from Chipolo / Amazon / Best Buy / Walmart
- Chipolo CARD — $30/€30 from Chipolo / Amazon / Best Buy / Walmart
- [For pets] SpotOn GPS Dog Fence — $1,495 from SpotOn / Amazon
Each of these Bluetooth trackers offers a range of features and benefits, making them a great choice for anyone who wants to keep track of their belongings. When choosing a Bluetooth tracker, consider the features that are most important to you and ensure that it is compatible with your device. With the right Bluetooth tracker, you can have peace of mind knowing that your belongings are safe and secure.