We may receive a portion of sales if you purchase a product through a link in this article at no cost to you, though all opinions are our own. For more information, please read our ethics statement. Please note that pricing and availability are subject to change.
Amazon is offering Prime members a chance to shop early deals this holiday season with Prime Early Access Sale. The new two-day shopping event is exclusively for Prime members and will offer hundreds of thousands of deals across all top categories, including electronics, fashion, home, kitchen, pets, toys, and Amazon devices as well as big savings on brands like Peloton and New Balance, and Amazon’s lowest prices of the year on select products from Caudalie, Murad, and Philips Sonicare.
Time & Date
Amazon will be kicking off the holiday shopping season on October 11 at 12 a.m. PDT/3:00 am EDT and lasts through October 12 in 15 countries. Just keep an eye on the Prime Early Access Sale page on Amazon for updates.
Here is how to prepare for the best deals
Making shopping lists and configuring personalized deal notifications can help you get ready for the Prime Early Access Sale. To participate, you must be an Amazon Prime member or sign up for a free 30-day trial before the event; however, students will receive a 6-month free trial of an Amazon Prime Student subscription at a discounted rate for new members (or 50% Off for existing members).
- Set up personalized deal notifications: Prime users have the option to sign up for deal alert notifications based on their most recent Amazon searches and items viewed. To create deal alerts, all consumers have to do is go to the Prime Early Access Sale event page on the Amazon app between now and the event. When the Prime Early Access Sale starts, members will get push notifications about any bargains that might be available.
- Create deal lists with Alexa: Products can be added to a Wish List, Cart, or Save for Later list by busy Prime members who don’t want to miss out on a deal. Members who have added products to their lists can have Alexa, which alerts Prime members up to 24 hours before eligible bargains on those items go live. Alexa can even make an offer to buy the deal when it becomes available.
Amazon Prime Benefits
Members don’t need to wait, though, to benefit from Prime deals and advantages. Customers can take part by signing up for Prime or starting a no-risk 30-day trial. As I said earlier, students can get a 6-month free trial of Amazon Prime Student at no additional cost, however, the existing members will get an Amazon Prime Student membership at half of the Prime membership price which is still a quite good deal. You receive the following advantages with an Amazon Prime subscription at no additional cost.
Amazon Prime membership
- Free delivery, award-winning TV, exclusive deals, and more
- Get your free 30-day trial of Prime. After that, Prime is just $14.99 per month (or $139 per year). Cancel anytime.
- 50% off the Prime membership for College Students and qualified Government Assistance
- Amazon Music Unlimited: Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months free—with 90 million songs ad-free and in HD, plus millions of podcast episodes—and non-Prime members are eligible for three months free (you can also read our article HERE). Or, Prime members can get an Echo Dot (3rd gen) for $0.99 with a one-month subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited (Read our article HERE). Both offers are available starting September 26 and ending October 12.
- Grubhub+ Membership, Free For a Year: Prime members in the U.S. can get even more delivered to their door with a free, one-year Grubhub+ membership trial valued at $9.99 per month—at no additional cost to their Prime membership for the first 12 months. This offer includes unlimited, $0 delivery fees on orders over $12, along with exclusive offers and rewards for Grubhub+ members, like free food and order discounts from hundreds of thousands of restaurants across the country. Here’s how to activate this deal.
- Prime Video: Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership. In addition to a vast collection of movies, series, and sports included with Prime Video, from September 30 through October 7, Prime members can enjoy a selection of new and popular titles to rent or buy at up to 50%.
What to expect
Amazon will unveil a new Top 100 list of some of the season’s most popular products as part of the launch of the new deal.
Starting now, Prime members can find gifting inspiration for the holiday season with gift guides, featuring top items from the toys and home categories. The toys gift guide features the most popular toys and games of the holiday season.
It also includes the top Toys list of more than 60 items only available on Amazon from top brands, including Hasbro, Disney, Fisher-Price, Bluey, and National Geographic. The home gift guide includes products from brands like Amazon Basics, Christopher Knight, De’Longhi, iRobot, Shark, simplehuman, and ZINUS.