Finding a game that you can finish in a short amount of time could become its own time-consuming minigame with the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
These 11 Nintendo Switch games could be completed in less than eight hours. While these games are short in length, they are jam-packed with endearing characters, entertaining stories, and intriguing artwork. However, keep in mind that you are not required to complete these activities quickly—only that you are capable of doing so.
- A Short Hike ($7.99) — Hike, climb and soar through the peaceful mountainside landscapes of Hawk Peak Provincial Park. Follow the marked trails or explore the backcountry as you make your way to the summit. Along the way, meet other hikers, discover hidden treasures, and take in the world around you.
- Unpacking ($19.99) — Part block-fitting puzzle, part home decoration, you are invited to create a satisfying living space while learning clues about the life you’re unpacking. Over the course of eight house moves, you are given a chance to experience a sense of intimacy with a character you never see and a story you’re never told.
- Untitled Goose Game ($19.99) — Untitled Goose Game is a slapstick stealth sandbox, where you’re a goose let loose on an unsuspecting village. Take a gander around town–from peoples’ back gardens to the high street shops—setting up pranks, stealing hats, honking a lot, and generally ruining everyone’s day.
- Donut County ($12.99) — Raccoons have taken over Donut County with remote-controlled trash-stealing holes. You play as BK, a hole-driving raccoon who swallows up his friends and their homes to earn silly prizes. Meet cute characters, steal their trash, and throw them in a hole.
- INSIDE ($19.99) — Hunted and alone, a boy finds himself drawn into the center of a dark project. In this narrative-driven platformer, you’ll have to avoid detection and complete challenging puzzles in order to survive. Keep to the shadows and avoid those handling the lights…or else.
- Sayonara Wild Hearts ($12.99) — Sayonara Wild Hearts is a dreamy arcade game about riding motorcycles, skateboarding, dance battling, shooting lasers, wielding swords, and breaking hearts at 200 mph. As the heart of a young woman breaks, you’ll set out to restore balance to the universe.
- The Gardens Between ($19.99) — Best friends Arina and Frendt fall into a series of vibrant, dreamlike island gardens peppered with everyday objects from their childhood. Together they embark on an emotional journey that examines the significance of their friendship.
- Wide Ocean Big Jacket ($7.99) — An aunt and uncle take their middle-school niece and her boyfriend on an overnight camping trip. Take part in a classic camping trip: Roast hot dogs on the fire, go birdwatching, tell ghost stories, explore different areas, and get chatty with four playable characters.
- Firewatch ($19.99) — Retreating from his messy life, Henry has taken work as a fire lookout in the Wyoming wilderness. But when something strange draws him out of his lookout tower, he’ll explore a wild and unknown environment, facing questions and making difficult choices.
- Gato Roboto ($7.99) — As a cat named Kiki, you’ll pounce inside of your cozy armored mech and set off on a dangerous trek through an alien underworld full of irritable creatures and treacherous obstacles. You’ll also need to venture outside your mechanical armor as you explore otherwise inaccessible areas.
- Katana ZERO ($14.99) — Slash, dash, and manipulate time to unravel your past in this stylish neo-noir, action-platformer. Whether you’re charging in head-on, blending seamlessly into a crowded nightclub, or becoming a shadow on the wall, creatively defeat foes as you see fit.
FTC: Readers like you help support GadgetBond.com. When you purchase through links on our site, we may receive compensation at no extra cost to you, this will help us to keep our website running. Read our ethics HERE. Note: The pricing and availability are accurate as of the time of publication but are subject to change in the future.